Our peer and staff advocates are working towards:
- Women’s empowerment and women’s rights
- Comprehensive sex education in schools
- Gender specific and culturally appropriate care
- Global access to treatment for women
- Strong, sustained, and coordinated national AIDS strategy
- Ending mass incarceration and stigma
How we work towards our advocacy goals:
- We are recipients of the AIDS United Grant and have implemented the Peer Action program to organize and advocate for cross-cutting issues within our communities
- We provide advocacy trainings for HIV positive women periodically throughout the year
- We network and partner with the Positive Women’s Network.
- We are a leading member of the Chicago Female Condom Campaign.
- We work to engage in the community through advocacy and awareness events and speaking engagements
- We are increasing our social media presence to promote advocacy issues and CWAP activities. Like us on Facebook for details!
CWAP at Advocacy Day
CWAP joined hundreds of advocates to mobilize for a Positive Budget on May 10th, 2016. Sponsored by AFC, Advocacy Day was an effort to speak with our legislatures about the budget crisis and how it impacts the daily lives of those within our community.
CWAP Against Violence