Job Title: PrEP Navigator / Harm Reduction Specialist
Category: Salaried, Full-time Position, 37.5 hours a week, $30,000 annual
Chicago Women’s AIDS Project (CWAP) is currently seeking a motivated and energetic person to serve as the PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis) Navigator / Harm Reduction Specialist for our service location in South Shore.
The PrEP Navigator provides rapid HIV testing, engages PrEP patients and conducts related outreach services and training for other agencies in South and West side communities with a focus on Trans and cisgender black women.
- Conduct outreach workshops and small group sessions for women with a history of substance use, incarceration, sex work or homelessness, and connect them to PrEP navigation, HIV testing, treatment services, or enrollment in CWAP’s Prevention program as needed.
- Schedule and conduct workshops and small group sessions to educate women and men at risk about PrEP, sexual health and how to access the full range of HIV prevention services.
- Complete the referral process to link clients to Howard Brown Health for PrEP and other services.
- Assist women, and/or their partners, with the process of making and keeping PrEP appointments at the Howard Brown Health 63rd Street clinic.
- Schedule in-service trainings to educate providers and other staff from South and West Side community agencies and businesses about PrEP.
- Provide PrEP and HIV treatment education through street outreach, distributing PrEP posters and palm cards, community events and individual counseling to women, and partners, who are eligible for PrEP services.
- Assist with outreach for CWAP’s Prevention and PrEP services at community events.
- Document all outreach contacts, workshops and referrals utilizing forms provided by the project.
- Participate in bimonthly team meetings and supervision.
- Additional duties include light office duties, and Nalaxone training/distribution.
Preferred applicants will possess strong communication skills (both 1:1 and group), a bachelor’s degree (or higher), sound professional boundaries, and an interest in working with the target populations: men who have sex with men (MSM) of color, Transgender and high risk negative Cis Women. Training and experience with phlebotomy testing is preferred, and a willingness to learn/perform phlebotomy testing services is required.
Candidates must be at least 21 years of age and should possess comfort working with individuals with diverse sexual orientations and gender identities. Applicants should be HIV/AIDS knowledgeable, and preferred applicants will have familiarity with PrEP and issues relating to Transgender and Cis Women.
This position is a full time salaried position and calls for a flexible schedule which will be determined on a weekly basis in consultation with the Peer Recovery Coach and the Program Manager. The salary for the position is annualized at $30,000, gross pay, with health and dental coverage if desired. Payroll is every two weeks. Mileage reimbursement is available for documented work-related travel. The PrEP Navigator / Harm Reduction Specialist is responsible for knowing and observing the agency’s ethical guidelines, personnel policy, and field safety guidelines. No money or gifts should be exchanged with program participants. No payment or gifts should be exchanged to obtain referrals through this program.
Application Process: Send a cover letter, resume and at least two job references to Ellen Chambers, Program Manager at email@example.com by December 15, 2018.
The Chicago Women’s AIDS Project (CWAP) is a community-based agency dedicated to meeting the mental health, support, case management, and recovery and advocacy needs of women living with HIV or returning from prison. CWAP uses a strength-based model of care and prevention in order to address health inequities. CWAP is an equal opportunity employer.